Aadhaar card has become one of the most important identity proofs in India. And most of the people are still not sure how to get access to this card if they lose it. Here we are going to discuss some ways which will help in e-aadhaar card download online.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is the body responsible for issuing Aadhaar card to the citizens of India. This Aadhaar card works as an Identity proof as well as Address Proof for an Individual and it is valid throughout India. An Aadhaar Card is a twelve digits number issued by UIDAI. It records the biometric and demographic details of an Indian citizen when he applies for an Aadhaar Card.
One can enroll for this Card by downloading an enrollment form and by visiting nearest Aadhaar Card enrollment center. Once you have applied for Aadhaar Card, it can be downloaded from UIDAI’s official Website. UIDAI also sends your Aadhaar card at your postal address, provided by you during enrollment. Here we are going to provide a stepwise guide for E- Aadhaar Card download online.
Table of Content
- E-Aadhaar Card Download With Aadhaar Number
- Aadhaar Card Download by VID (Virtual ID)
- Download Aadhaar Card by Enrollment ID
- E-Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
E-Aadhaar Card Download With Aadhaar Number
Aadhaar Card download by Aadhaar number is very easy. Here are the simple and easy steps for E- Aadhaar Card download online.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI – https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click on the “Download Aadhaar” option under Aadhaar Enrollment Section.
- Once you click this option, you will be redirected to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in where you will see a personal detail form.
- Select Aadhaar option under Personal Detail Section.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number, Name (as registered in your Aadhaar Card), Pin Code, and Security Code.
- In the next step, click on “Request OTP” tab to get the one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- You will see a six digits OTP number in your mobile inbox which is valid for ten minutes.
- Enter the OTP number in the provided space and click Download Aadhaar button.
- A PDF file will be generated, open this file by entering eight letters password – first four letters of your name and date of birth in capital letters.
Aadhaar Card Download by VID (Virtual ID)
UIDAI Aadhaar download by VID is same as above process except for some minor changes. This method of downloading Aadhaar card is new in UIDAI portal. Here are the steps to follow for E-Aadhaar Card download online.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI- https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click at Download Aadhaar option.
- In the next step, select VID checkbox under personal detail section.
- Enter your 16 digits VID number, name, mobile number, and Security Code.
- Click at “Request OTP” to get OTP on your registered mobile number. Alternatively, you can enter TOTP for authentication purpose.
- After entering OTP, click on Download Aadhaar Button and press confirm.
- You can open this PDF file by entering eight letters password – first four letters of your name and DOB in capital letters.
Download Aadhaar Card By Enrollment ID
If you don’t have the Aadhaar number and VID then you can use 14 digits enrollment number for E-Aadhaar Card download online. Follow these steps to download your E-Aadhaar Card.
- Vist UIDAI official website https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click “Download Aadhaar” under Aadhaar enrollment section.
- You will be redirected to a new page, where you will see a form.
- Click “Enrollment ID” checkbox under personal detail.
- Enter your 14 digits enrollment ID and 14 digits date and time values as printed on your enrollment slip.
- Enter your full name, pin code, and security code in given tabs.
- Click on “Request OTP” to get an OTP password on your registered mobile number.
- Fill the OTP password which you have received and click on Download Aadhaar>Confirm.
- Your Aadhaar card will be downloaded in PDF file format. Use your first four letters of the name and first four letters of DOB in capital letters to open the PDF file.
E-Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
If you have forgotten your Aadhaar card number and EID then you should follow these steps to retrieve your Aadhaar Card online.
- Visit this UIDAI Aadhaar Card retrieve link on- https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Select Aadhaar Card check box.
- Enter your personal details like full name, e-mail ID or registered mobile number and security code.
- Click “Send OTP” button to get a six-digits one-time password on your mobile number or e-mail ID which is valid for five minutes.
- After entering the OTP, a message will appear on the screen showing ” Your Aadhaar Card Number is sent to your mobile/e-mail ID”
- After getting Aadhaar Card number from your mobile number/e-mail ID, open UIDAI official website.
- Click on Download Aadhaar option.
- Select Aadhaar checkbox under personal detail section.
- Enter your full name, mobile number, Pin code, and security code.
- Then click on Get OTP tab and enter the six digits OTP number sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click “Download Aadhaar” Option.