We have a natural tendency to forget our username or password for any website. Happens with you as well, right?
No matter how much you try to keep it memorized, you tend to forget it if you have different passwords for different websites. But the real agenda is how to recover username and password for any website when you forgot all the login detail.
Today we are going to teach you, how to reset password and username of IRCTC website. It is quite simple, you just have to follow some steps carefully and then you will get a sure solution of password reset problem.
What is IRCTC?
IRCTC stands for Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. It is a branch of Indian Railway, which handles its catering, tourism and online ticketing operations. The tagline for the same is “Lifeline of the nation”. It has changed the face of Indian railway by offering many facilities online, like train booking, Tatkal Scheme, and Catering Service. Not just this, it is also giving air ticket service to its customers through its website.
And like other Government’s Websites, IRCTC is also struggling with its password reset problem. Users forget their IRCTC username and password and face problems during password resetting. Let’s learn how to reset IRCTC website password and username in a few simple steps.
How to recover IRCTC Username ID or Login ID
We will show you how to reset your credentials separately because sometimes we forgot only one of them. First of all, we learn how to reset IRCTC username. During the time of registration on IRCTC website, we had entered the name, and e-mail ID address for the account activation link. You should be aware of which e-mail ID you had used at that time before proceeding to the username and password reset procedure of IRCTC.
- The first step is to log in to your mail using your registered E-mail ID.
- Then search for the activation link mail in your mail ID inbox, sent by IRCTC during the registration. If you are unable to search the activation link mail, then type the words “service/verifyuser.do irctc” in the search box of your e-mail ID.
- You will see a highlighted activation link mail on your system. IRCTC sends username and password with activation link mail to its users to remember the password and username. Here you can see your username ID which you have forgotten.
How to retrieve username if activation link mail is not available in the E-Mail ID?
If you did not find the IRCTC activation link mail in your inbox after typing the text “service/verifyuser.do irctc”, then don’t worry. There is another way as well to find the username. We will explain that to you step by step to make it easier.
- First of all open IRCTC’s official site on your system.
- After opening the website look for the sign-up button on the website’s homepage. Most probably you may find it in the right corner of the page.
- After finding the sign-up button click on it, you will see a sign-up page on your system.
- Fill the application form with any rubbish except your e-mail ID, which should be correct. You can add any phone number in the given option.
- In the next step, look for the submit button and click on it.
- After clicking the submit button, you will see an error message on your screen saying that this E-mail ID is already registered with another login ID so and so. By following these simple steps you will be able to find your login ID of IRCTC.
Password Reset procedure of IRCTC account if you know your Username
Resetting a forgotten password of IRCTC is as simple as resetting the username of IRCTC. We will show you some simple steps of password reset. You just have to follow them and you will get a sure shot solution to your problem. Let’s start with the stepwise procedure.
- Like earlier, open the IRCTC official website.
- Look for login button on the page.
- After opening the login window, you will see a “Forgot Password” link. Click on the link.
- You will see a new window with Username ID blank. Enter your IRCTC username ID in it. If you don’t know username ID, then retrieve it using the procedure mentioned above in this article.
- In the next step after entering the username ID, you will see a page with security question option. Read the question carefully and answer it same as you had at the time of the registration. Just remember that your Security Question is case sensitive.
- If your answer is correct, you will see a password reset mail in your E-mail account.
- Open your e-mail ID and look for IRCTC e-mail message which you have received a few moments ago.
Unfortunately, IRCTC is the only website in the world which does not give any hint about e-mail ID to which password reset e-mail has been sent.
We hope you got the solution of your IRCTC username and password reset problem by our well demonstrative stepwise procedure details. We will keep you updated with other popular websites’ username and password reset solutions through our other posts.