These days, it has become mandatory to link every bank account with your Pan Card. While some are very tech friendly to learn this process in seconds, some need a little guidance to complete this step. Here we will guide you on how to link Pan Card with SBI account in few simple steps online. This post is solely dedicated to SBI Pan link only. But before that, let’s first know a little about Pan Card.
Pan Card stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a computer generated 10-digits alphanumeric unique code, issued under the Income Tax Act, 1961. Nowadays, all the banks and financial institutions have made it mandatory to link PAN Card with the new and existing bank accounts. If you have not yet linked your PAN Card with your bank account, then no problem. We will show you easy and understandable steps of how to link pan card with SBI account online. You can follow similar steps with your other bank accounts as well.
According to the amended Income Tax rules, PAN Card link with a bank account is mandatory for all saving account holders, except for those who have Basic Saving Bank Deposit Accounts (BSDB). Income Tax department has also mentioned in the rules that if you do not have a PAN Card, you can submit Form 16 as a declaration of not having a PAN Card. Now let’s talk about SBI Pan link.
SBI bank is the largest bank in India, which has more than 420 million active customers and 24000 branches across the country. If a new or existing customer of SBI fails to link PAN card with his account, he will be provided with a TDS Certificate. So all the customers of SBI should link PAN Card with their bank accounts for hassle-free transactions. SBI Pan link is a must now. And there are many different ways to link PAN Card with SBI account. We will teach you the online way to link PAN Card with SBI account.
Link PAN Card with SBI account Online
A net banking customer of SBI can link PAN Card with his account online within a few minutes by logging into the SBI Internet Banking portal. We will teach you the process of SBI Pan link in easy steps. Here are the steps you need to follow for PAN registration.
- Visit SBI Internet Banking portal www.onlinesbi.com.
- Under the Personal Banking section, click Login>Continue to Login.
- Login to your Internet Banking account by entering username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click at “e-services” tab.
- After clicking the e-service tab, a drop-down menu will appear. Click at “PAN Registration” option.
- In next step, you will be redirected to the PAN Registration page.
- Enter your profile password in that page.
- A new page will open, where you need to select Transaction accounts and fill your PAN Card number and registered mobile number.
- Once you have done this, you will get an OTP password message on your registered mobile number.
- Enter that password in the given space and submit.
- You will see a message on your screen saying “Your PAN Card registration request has been submitted”.
After submitting PAN Card registration request you will be provided with a reference code. This reference code is to track your PAN Card registration status. SBI Bank normally takes seven days to link PAN Card with SBI account. To track your PAN Registration process, you can use the “Status” option beside the “Create Option”.
You can also read more articles regarding banking, such as how to generate SBI ATM pin, etc. from our home page.