The Public sector banks and private banks issue debit cards which enable their customers to use it at ATM machine and point of sale terminals. All the banks suggest their customers to change Debit card PIN after regular intervals of time. And that is done for the secure usage of ATM cards. There are various people who don’t know about SBI ATM pin generation online process. If you are also one of them who want to know how to activate SBI debit card pin online then you are in the right place. We have included some different ways in which customers can generate a pin for their SBI Debit cards.
As we mentioned above, there are many ways on how to activate SBI debit card pin online. We have made a table of content in which you can find the way convenient for you, which you think is easy and less time-consuming. We will help you understand the whole process and basic steps which you can follow any time.
Table of Content
- What is SBI Green PIN?
- How to get an SBI Green PIN?
- Generate Green PIN through the ATM machine.
- Generate Green PIN through Mobile SMS.
- How to generate Green PIN by Helpline number.
- Generate SBI Debit card Pin by using Green Pin.
- How to get SBI Debit card PIN through Internet Banking.
What is SBI Green PIN?
Green pin is a part of SBI ATM pin generation online process. All the banks have come up with a new feature called the green pin to generate Debit card pin. It is a good initiative for paperless banking. The bank employees are always busy in other official works. At that time, a bank customer can use SBI green pin for a debit card pin generation purpose.
How to get SBI green PIN for SBI ATM pin generation purpose
To generate an SBI debit card pin, the debit card holder should have a Green Pin. And there are three methods to generate the green pin including ATM, IVR, and Customer Care. If you have got this Pin by using any of these methods, then it is easy to use it in SBI debit card pin generation process. Let’s discuss these three methods to generate a green pin for SBI ATM pin generation online process.
1. Generate Green PIN through ATM machine
We often visit an ATM machine for cash withdrawal. Once you have got your SBI debit card, visit the nearest SBI ATM machine and follow these easy steps to generate a Green Pin.
- Insert your debit card into the ATM machine’s card slot to view the menu.
- You will see a PIN generation option, click or touch on it.
- In the next step, you have to enter your account number by using the keypad. Enter the same and click the confirm option.
- After entering account number, you will be asked to enter the registered mobile number. Fill that and click confirm.
- If you have entered all the information right, a message showing text “Your green pin will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number” will be displayed on the ATM machine screen.
- Click on confirm option. It will again display the message saying “Your green PIN generation has been successful and you will receive it on your registered mobile number”.
- Check your mobile inbox. You will see a message of a one-time password (OTP) and visit nearby SBI bank branch for further SBI ATM pin generation online process. Remember one thing, this OTP number is valid only for two days.
2. Generate SBI Green PIN through Mobile SMS
As we have mentioned above, an SBI green pin can be generated by Mobile SMS. You just have to type a simple message from your registered mobile number to get the green pin for SBI ATM pin generation online process.
For example- send SMS PIN ABCD EFGH to 567676 (ABCD are last four digits of your SBI Debit card number and EFGH are the last four digits of your SBI account number)
Once you have sent the message as mentioned above, you will get an OTP message on the same number. This OTP number is valid for two days. Visit your nearby SBI branch within two days for further process on how to activate SBI debit card.
3. Generate SBI Green PIN by SBI Customer Care Helpline
You can also get an SBI green pin by calling SBI customer care helpline number from your registered mobile number. Here are the steps which are mandatory to follow while you will call the SBI customer helpline number for a green pin.
- Dial SBI customer helpline number 1800 112 221/1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number.
- Follow the instructions carefully and select ATM and Prepaid card service option.
- Now select 1 to generate green pin.
- You will be prompted to enter your debit card number. So enter the number and confirm.
- After entering all the details, you will get an OTP message on the same mobile number. Visit your nearby SBI branch within two days of OTP generation for further process.
Generate SBI Debit card PIN By using SBI Green PIN
Now when you have got the Green pin by using one of the above-mentioned methods, you have to use the same green pin for SBI ATM pin generation online process. For this, visit your nearest SBI ATM machine and follow the steps given below.
- Inset your SBI debit card into ATM machine card slot and select banking.
- Choose your convenient language – either Hindi, English or another regional language.
- After choosing language, you have to fill the Pin.
- Enter the OTP or the Green Pin you have got on your registered mobile number in the available space.
- Select Transaction menu for Pin Change option.
- Now enter a new pin for your debit card and re-confirm the same.
- If the process you have followed is successful, you will see a message showing ” Your PIN has been changed successfully”.
The new pin you have entered is ready to use for your cashless transaction, POS, and cash withdrawal purpose. Further, never share your debit card pin with someone since it will directly affect your bank account.
How to Generate SBI debit card PIN through Internet Banking
Above three methods require an SBI cardholder to visit the nearby ATM machine. But the Internet Banking allows us to go through the SBI ATM pin generation online process without visiting the ATM machine. By visiting the SBI website, a cardholder can easily generate or regenerate his debit card PIN by using Internet Banking. For this facility, you have to register with SBI Internet Banking and get a username and password. Once you have activated your Internet Banking you have to follow these simple steps on how to activate SBI debit card pin, or regenerate it.
- Login to the SBI website using your log in details.
- From the main menu, select ‘e-Services’, and then ‘ATM Card Services’.
- After selecting ATM Card Services, select ‘ATM Pin generation’.
- On ATM Pin generation page you have to select one option, either ‘Using one-time Password’ or ‘Profile Password’ for validation purpose.
- If you have selected Using Profile Password, you will be linked to a new page showing which debit card linked account you want to use for ATM pin generation.
- Select the card and click submit.
- A new page will open, where all your existing cards will display. Select the one card which you want for PIN generation and click on confirm option.
- You will be directed to the ATM PIN generation page, where you have to select the first two digits of your new pin by your choice.
- After submitting the two digits, you will get the last two digits of your new pin through SMS on your registered mobile number.
- At last, ATM Pin generation page will ask you to enter four digits of your new pin. Enter the two digits you have entered earlier and last two digits you have got through the SMS in your mobile number. Then submit.
- After submitting you will see a message on the screen “ATM PIN has been changed successfully”.
Once you have got your new PIN for your ATM card. You have to go to ‘e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation’ to activate your ATM card. Your ATM card can also be activated by your first transaction at any SBI ATM machine.